The Tuscarawas County Board of Trustees was created in 2017 to unify the governance of our three schools in Tuscarawas County. Some of the primary functions of the board include:
- Ensuring the continuation and affordability of authentically Catholic and academically challenging education for the parishioners of St. Joseph Parish, Sacred Heart Parish, Holy Trinity Parish, Immaculate Conception Parish and all others interested in Catholic education in the vicinity of Tuscarawas County, Ohio;
- Acting as a collaborating entity between the Diocese of Columbus, Ohio, St. Joseph Parish, Sacred Heart Parish, Holy Trinity Parish, Immaculate Conception Parish, and the schools;
- Developing, implementing, and continually updating the long-range strategic plans and policies for the schools in the following areas:
- Enhancing Catholic identity and spiritual life;
- Providing for prudent management of the schools’ financial and physical resources;
- Creating and maintaining a comprehensive Development and Marketing program;
- Increasing enrollment and enriching the students’ overall school experience;
- Striving to improve all aspects of communication within the schools, between the schools and members, between the schools and the parishes, and between the schools and the Diocese.
The board of trustees consists of the Superintendent of Schools, the Bishop (or his appointee), the pastors, and six elected members representing Sacred Heart, Church of the Holy Trinity, St. Joseph, and Immaculate Conception.
Elected board members are currently:
- Dave Garbrandt (Immaculate Conception)
- Lisa Douglass (Immaculate Conception)
- John Sciarretti (Sacred Heart)
- Karen Dick (Sacred Heart)
- Maria Dillon (Holy Trinity)
- Don Blanchard (St. Joseph)
- Tom Nightengale serves as the Bishop’s appointee
There are currently four committees: Nominating, Fund-Raising, Finance, and Marketing. Each committee is chaired by a member of the board. Other members of the school community serve on the committees providing an opportunity for all parents and parishioners to be involved in strengthening the future of our schools.
The Board of Trustees usually meets once every two months. The committees meet more frequently.